- View all products (0)
- Your cart is currently empty.
Find Your Artist With Google Arts & Culture
How You Can Find Your Artist Doppelganger
Have you ever wondered what famous portrait you might look like? Now you can thanks to the Google Arts & Culture new app. If you’re the owner of an iOS or Android device, you can download the app to find a painting from over 1,200 museums around the world that looks the most like your selfie. Chances are you’ve seen this at least once. Here’s how you can participate.
How to Find The Portrait That Looks Like You
This is done in a few easy steps:
- Open the Google Arts & Culture app and scroll down to where it says, “Search with your selfie.”
- Touch the Get Started button. Note that you may get a message saying this feature is not available in your state. If you can do it, you will get a message saying that Google won’t use data from your photo for other purposes and that it will not store your photos. Hit “I Accept.”
- Your camera will open up and you’ll be asked for permission for the Google Arts & Culture App to use your camera.
- Take a picture and wait for your results!
You will get a screen displaying your top results and will get an option to view the painting or portrait in greater detail. You can get information like where to find it, how old the portrait or painting is, and other recommended works from the same artist, collection, medium, time period, or object.
Other Great Features Within The App
When you’re finished with finding the artist that resonates most with you, you can find great collections, galleries, and museums near your physical location. You can also view special content based on themes of the month, virtual explorer, and other stories involving art, culture, history, and architecture.