KINGART® Equinox™ Series Soft Synthetic Squirrel Premium Watercolor Brushes, Gift Box, Set of 5
This collection includes:
- Equinox™ | Aqua Oval Wash 747X-1
- Equinox™ | Aqua Flat Wash 747W-3/4
- Equinox™ | Round 797R-2
- Equinox™ | Round 797R-10
- Equinox™ | Script Liner 747S-8
KINGART® set out to create and develop the finest quality synthetic version of Squirrel to outperform the natural version. These deluxe watercolor brushes feature a specially designed combination of synthetic Kazan squirrel hair and a black synthetic hair blend. This combination holds huge amounts of color and releases it with perfect control. The soft hair blend allows for delicate techniques like glazing and painting multiple layers, yet is firm enough due to the synthetic blend where lifting color is easy with a light and gentle scrub of the brush.
Equinox™ are superb quality brushes manufactured of a mix of triple width black synthetic fibers & synthetic Kazan Squirrel hair. The synthetic mix filament holds a huge amount of color and releases it with perfect control for the watercolorist, silk painter, and artists working with inks, dyes, acrylics, or gouache. Consistent water release and pigment flow like silk. Soft blend allows multiple layer glazing without disturbing previous colors, yet it's firm enough to lift color with a gentle scrub.
Featuring the latest synthetic fiber technology, Equinox’s multiple-diameter filaments are configured to replicate the smooth feel of natural Squirrel, with enhanced snap and resilient strength. Experts in natural hair have been incredulous that the Equinox™ brush hair is actually synthetic.
We are proud to offer Equinox™ watercolor brushes, handmade made with the finest quality materials including premium grade nickel-plated ferrules, rich wood stain handles, or aquatinted grey clear beveled edge handles depending on the series number. Equinox™ Brushes are perfect for artists that work with inks, gouaches, silk painting, acrylics, watercolors, and dyes.
- The Equinox™ watercolor brushes are made of synthetic squirrel filaments configured to replicate the smooth feel of natural squirrel hair with enhanced snap and resilient strength, at a fraction of the cost. Best for watercolor painting
- The synthetic squirrel watercolor brush is softest & thirstiest synthetic paint brush. Holding as much water as natural squirrel hair, it's great at delivering oceans of color and allowing the artist to paint expressively with control
- Round artist brushes make this set versatile and popular among artists, while the beautiful sea glass handle of the aqua handle brush is the signature of the line
- Exclusive artisanal process, using the best materials, and the finishing of the expert hands of three generations of brush makers
- KINGART® premium artist brushes are always handcrafted
- Handcrafted products are green. Work done by hand takes less energy than a mass production assembly line, which makes it more environmentally sustainable.
- KINGART® premium brush sets come with each individual brush sewn into a branded brush card and packaged in a luxury gift box
- A KINGART® PREMIUM brush makes all the difference in the world!
- Brush sizes — The length and width of a brush of a given shape and size may vary by manufacturer as brush sizes are not standardized. Since fine art brushes are handmade, expect some variation even among brushes from within a single brush line.
- The KINGART® Heritage: Our family has been exceeding the needs of the most demanding artists and enthusiasts for three generations. We delight in challenging the status quo and putting our experience to work for you.
KINGART has a rich heritage and has been rooted in the arts and crafts industry since 1963 through Loew-Cornell Inc. For three generations, we’ve been proudly serving the artist, craftsman, ceramist, hobbyist, and decorative painter. In 2018, we launched KINGART®, incorporating the sophistication and experience of a lineage of art suppliers into one powerhouse brand.
The foundation of KINGART is in the heart of New York City. For more than half a century, we have been driven by one singular goal: to design and create art supplies that exceed the needs of even the most demanding artists.
Each item in our line is meticulously designed. Working with trusted partners all over the world, we ensure that every item is manufactured at the highest standards. Our commitment to quality goes beyond our products. Through simple and straightforward online ordering and superb customer service, we aim to make every aspect of your KINGART experience a pleasurable one.
What will you create today?
Have a question for us?
What sets KINGART™ PREMIUM Brushes above the competition?
KINGART™ considers every detail of the essence of a premium brush. The experience begins with KINGART™’s signature sleek black box adorned with a subtle and sophisticated gloss embossed logo. The high-style packaging lends way to the brilliance of a gorgeous set of hand-chosen brushes intended to send your creative mind ablaze.
The beauty of each KINGART™ premium brush stems from being hand-crafted by master brush makers who follow a strict quality control and manufacturing process. The filaments of each brush are bound together with nickel-plated brass ferrules which offers the best adhesion and is crimped at the bottom to ensure an extra-secure bond to the handle.
Each handle is ergonomically crafted to reduce muscle fatigue and are carefully balanced to provide maximum control. KINGART™ offers a variety of handles that span all of a painter’s needs: long handles ideal for easel work, short handles for close up, and mini handles for fine detail work. Each brush’s wood handle features a beautiful finish that is lacquered or stained, glossy or matte, one color or two.
KINGART™ brushes are designed with the artist in mind and are manufactured to survive years of steady use.
1 | Aqua Flat Wash, Series 747W-3/4
1 | Aqua Oval Wash, Series 747X-1
1 | Round, Series 797R-2
1 | Round, Series 797R-10
1 | Script Liner, Series 747S-8
The brushes hold a lot of liquid and evenly distribute it. Very easy to control.
Bought it as a gift and mailed it to South Africa. Cannot comment.
These are great brushes, super or washes and detail work. Received as a Christmas gift from my wife along with the golen 9020 set. I've enjoyed using these this year painting my watercolors. They are fantastic, and the best brushes I've used, including more expensive prinston brushes. King art also included a couple of gift items with my order for me to try.
Lovely surprise - good water control and sharp tip
Just wanted to say this brush set is the best ever! The quality is awesome compared to the funky old brushes I have been using. Thanks!