KINGART® Equinox™ Premium Script Liner Series Watercolor Artist Brushes, Soft Synthetic Squirrel Hair
KINGART® set out to create and develop the finest quality synthetic version of Squirrel to outperform the natural version. These deluxe watercolor brushes feature a specially designed combination of synthetic Kazan squirrel hair and a black synthetic hair blend. This combination holds huge amounts of color and releases it with perfect control. The soft hair blend allows for delicate techniques like glazing and painting multiple layers, yet is firm enough due to the synthetic blend where lifting color is easy with a light and gentle scrub of the brush.
Equinox™ are superb quality brushes manufactured of a mix of triple width black synthetic fibers & synthetic Kazan Squirrel hair. The synthetic mix filament holds a huge amount of color and releases it with perfect control for the watercolorist, silk painter, and artists working with inks, dyes, acrylics, or gouache. Consistent water release and pigment flow like silk. Soft blend allows multiple layer glazing without disturbing previous colors, yet it's firm enough to lift color with a gentle scrub.
Featuring the latest synthetic fiber technology, Equinox’s multiple-diameter filaments are configured to replicate the smooth feel of natural Squirrel, with enhanced snap and resilient strength. Experts in natural hair have been incredulous that the Equinox™ brush hair is actually synthetic.
We are proud to offer Equinox™ watercolor brushes, handmade made with the finest quality materials including premium grade nickel-plated ferrules, rich wood stain handles, or aquatinted grey clear beveled edge handles depending on the series number. Equinox™ Brushes are perfect for artists that work with inks, gouaches, silk painting, acrylics, watercolors, and dyes.
- The Equinox™ watercolor brushes are made of synthetic squirrel filaments configured to replicate the smooth feel of natural squirrel hair with enhanced snap and resilient strength, at a fraction of the cost. Best for watercolor painting
- The synthetic squirrel watercolor brush is softest & thirstiest synthetic paint brush. Holding as much water as natural squirrel hair, it's great at delivering oceans of color and allowing the artist to paint expressively with control
- Round artist brushes make this set versatile and popular among artists, while the beautiful sea glass handle of the aqua handle brush is the signature of the line
- Exclusive artisanal process, using the best materials, and the finishing of the expert hands of three generations of brush makers
- KINGART® premium artist brushes are always handcrafted
- Handcrafted products are green. Work done by hand takes less energy than a mass production assembly line, which makes it more environmentally sustainable.
- KINGART® premium brush sets come with each individual brush sewn into a branded brush card and packaged in a luxury gift box
- A KINGART® PREMIUM brush makes all the difference in the world!
- Brush sizes — The length and width of a brush of a given shape and size may vary by manufacturer as brush sizes are not standardized. Since fine art brushes are handmade, expect some variation even among brushes from within a single brush line.
- The KINGART® Heritage: Our family has been exceeding the needs of the most demanding artists and enthusiasts for three generations. We delight in challenging the status quo and putting our experience to work for you.
KINGART has a rich heritage and has been rooted in the arts and crafts industry since 1963 through Loew-Cornell Inc. For three generations, we’ve been proudly serving the artist, craftsman, ceramist, hobbyist, and decorative painter. In 2018, we launched KINGART®, incorporating the sophistication and experience of a lineage of art suppliers into one powerhouse brand.
The foundation of KINGART is in the heart of New York City. For more than half a century, we have been driven by one singular goal: to design and create art supplies that exceed the needs of even the most demanding artists.
Each item in our line is meticulously designed. Working with trusted partners all over the world, we ensure that every item is manufactured at the highest standards. Our commitment to quality goes beyond our products. Through simple and straightforward online ordering and superb customer service, we aim to make every aspect of your KINGART experience a pleasurable one.
What will you create today?
Have a question for us?
I especially love how they come to a sharp point when wet. They hold paint well, and brush strokes are very smooth.